In a report from Advertising Age, the use of ad dollars is broken down to show the shift towards new media forms of marketing. Internet marketing, which includes concentrated uses of social media and other Web platforms, has become the new platform for many advertisers looking to reach a new generation of customers and students. When asked which marketing platform businesses plan to increase spending in over the next year, 79 percent said digital advertising would see an increase in budget.
Many businesses are also planning increased spending on their websites.
“Most marketers expected to spend more updating their websites in 2014, as well as make investments in email, social media, search and mobile,” the report said. “Webcasts and video will also see increases, underscoring the popularity of content marketing.”
You can read the complete Advertising Age report byclicking this link.
The report breaks down the marketing strategy for many large corporations, such as AT&T and Motorola. It also reports that 73.8 percent of businesses plan to use content marketing over the next year.
Here are some other highlights from the report:
· The vast majority of b-to-b marketers are using content marketing as part of their go-to-market strategy
· Those using content marketing strategy as part of their strategy expect to boost spending, signaling that they’re pleased with returns
· The web remains the preferred method for distributing content, but social is catching up. Last year, just 65 percent used social
· Despite its popularity and the expectation that more budget dollars will flow into it, half of companies don’t have a documented content-marketing strategy
· Mobile isn’t a part of a vast majority of b-to-b marketers’ strategies, but that’s shifting
Now is the perfect time to increase your use of Internet marketing, if for no other reason that your competitors most likely already are. Career Colleges are finding success in using digital marketing strategies to recruit more students, and Paradigm Digital has had lots of success helping schools find unique strategies for getting their message out to potential students.
Achieving a personalized strategy to marketing can be challenging, which is why many career colleges and trade schools and looked to Paradigm Digital to help develop an effective plan. A successful Internet marketing plan means not only getting your message in front of prospective students, but engaging them in such a way that they seek out additional information.
Personalization involves more than just an understanding of stats and trends. It requires an understanding of what your specific goals are and how to connect trends with your goals. At Paradigm Digital we work to create an Internet marketing plan that is unique to your school and helps promote your message to the exact demographics you are trying to reach.
The first step is to understand what your goals are, followed by understanding what demographics you need to reach. That’s followed by a strategy and plan that is specialized for your career college that is designed to get results.